The school teaches a fusion of the British and the Nigerian curricula. This is achieved by integrating the British curriculum into the Nigerian curriculum
- Form Registration – 7:30 am
- Lessons commence – 8:00 am
- School ends – 2:30 pm Mondays – Thursdays and 1pm on Fridays.
The secondary section has four departments. These departments are well staffed with qualified and experienced teachers:
- Department of Mathematics and Science – 14 teachers
- Department of Languages – 10 teachers
- Department of Vocational studies – 8 teachers
- Department of Humanities – 11 teachers
The Section is led by the Head of Secondary and he is supported by two Assistants – Academics and Administration. We also have male and female Guidance Counsellors.
The school teaches a fusion of the British and the Nigerian curricula. This is achieved by integrating the British curriculum into the Nigerian curriculum. These curricula prepare our students to enter for the following examinations:
- Key Stage 3
- Checkpoint examination organized by Cambridge University
- Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) organised by the National Examinations Council (NECO)
- Key Stage 4
- IGCSE organised by Cambridge
- West African Senior Secondary School Examinations organised by WAEC
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations organised by NECO
The secondary school is organised into the following year groups:
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Year 11
- Year 12
There are 4 arms in each year group.
Educational Excursions Tours and Visits
At Central Emirates International Academy Abuja, educational excursions, visits and trips are undertaken both locally and internationally. The purpose of these excursions, visit and trips is to enable the students learn in a fun and relaxing way, and interact with people from other countries to build friendships, enhance social skills and gain cultural insights.
The educational excursions, visits and trips are organised in accordance with the school calendar as prepared by every faculty. They include:
- National trips such as National Youth Leadership Conference (NYLC), held at University of Abuja
- The Nigerian International Schools Model United Nations (NISSMUN) Annual Conference held at the International Conference Centre, Abuja
- National Youth Summit On Drugs/ Substance Prevention, held at the former SGF Conference Hall, Federal Secretariat, Phase 1, Abuja
- Excursion to Nigeria’s Historical monuments in Badagry, Lagos.
- Excursion to Obudu Cattle Range, Cross River State
- National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) to find out the current trends and development in Space Science.
- Excursion to Central Bank of Nigeria at the Currency Museum/Gallery
- Excursion to Gurara Waterfalls, Niger State.